Favorites + My SkinCare Regimen

9:51 AM

Every year I like to modify my Skin Care Regimen to accommodate the change in weather. As I'm in Nigeria at the moment, The weather in Nigeria is very dry (which is also called harmattan) requiring an extra layer of moisturizer and care to keep my skin looking radiant and hydrated. It may sound strange, but to me, practicing my skincare regimen is therapeutic. It’s quite relaxing and satisfying to strip off the day and go through my regular steps (it flows already in my blood streams) With so many beauty products on the market, however, it can be difficult to narrow down the best ones for my skin type. Of course, I am not always trying new brands, but currently - I'm opened to trying out new brands... And in doing so, I have found my personal “Holy Grail” of products that I just can’t quit and I find myself coming back to throughout my trials, which I’ve listed below.… 
Hope you enjoy my Skin Care Regimen!!
--------------------------------------------------------
Night Routine- 
Each night, I remove my make up with Estée Lauder and drug-store cotton pads. It removes the most stubborn eye makeup like no other! After I remove my makeup, I cleanse my face with Time to Revitalize by AHAVA. It’s an oil-based, creamy balm that melts into the skin, deep cleans without over-drying, and removes daily buildup (I leave it on for 10mins) and then I follow to wash with Time to Clear also by AHAVA. Next I use my beloved Glycerin and Rosewater by Boots They tone, moisturize, fight break outs, and even out skin tone. I then moisturize with the Dead Sea Osmoter concentrate (it's a moisture and radiance boosting Serum) by AHAVA. I've been using this every night since My last visit to Israel (4months now) and I freaking love it! It’s a little pricey, but a little goes a long way, so it lasts forever. Im just about to run out, and like I said, I’ve been using it for nearly 5months now. 
Plus It makes my skin feels firmer, looks radiant, and I have gotten more compliments since I started using it regularly Lastly, I apply AHAVA Time to Revitalize Extreme Firming Eye Cream under and around my eyes. It makes my skin feel like silk and minimizes pores. I slather it on every night before bed and wake up looking fresh and dewy. 
---------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Routine- 
Every morning I deep cleanse my face with the Oil-Free Acne Wash by Neutrogena , this product a salicylic acid acne treatment that helps clears blemishes and blackheads (2 thumps up to the lovely one). Next, I cleanse with the morning Energy by Clean&Clear. Next I use my beloved Glycerin and Rosewater by Boots They tone, moisturize, fight break outs, and even out skin tone ( this product I use day and night). Then to my holy grail Facial Moisturizer - Vanishing Cream by LUSH , this product transforms oily areas, blemishes into beautifully and balances the skin. Lastly, I apply AHAVA Dead Sea Osmoter Eye Concentrate under and around my eyes. It's a youth and cellular energizing serum (this I use morning and night) 
------------------------------------------------------------
Mask- 
Twice a week, I exfoliate using Cupcake Fresh Face Mask by LUSH - it helps absorb excess oil and calms breakouts. Also I use Herbalism Face and body Cleanser by LUSH, which I use to polish my skin to give me an extra glow. I use the Tea Tree & Peppermint Face Mask about once a week, sometimes every other week. It’s cool and gives me that extra dose of moisture leaving my face feeling silky, smooth and revitalized. 
-----------------------------------------------
Lips-  
I like to use Popcorn Lip Scrub by LUSH to exfoliate the lips, The formula is made with real brown sugar and it buffs away flakes of skin, I also use the Lip Service Lip Balm from LUSH, these two lip products leaves the lips feeling soft and smooth. Victoria Secret lip balm which I throw in my purse while Carmex I use every other time .
------------------------------------------------
Shower- 
I use Crystal Bar Soap and AHAVA body soaps. They all smell great and they clean and condition well. I wash my face in the shower with Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser . I use various body washes and don’t really have one that I love more than others at the moment. I do love scrubs in the dry, colder months, I currently use Bright Skin Body Polish by Botanics. Lovely I must say! When I have time to take a bath, I use Relaxation Bath Salt by Forever and Lord of Misrule Bath bombs by Lush.  
Makeup- 
I don’t wear makeup everyday, but when I do, I tend to keep it minimal. I really stick to the basics except on special occasions. I wear a Mac Primer then Foundation by NARS and apply it with a brush because I really like the even application. I have a couple concealers and highlighters that I put in rotation—NARS, NYX, Estée Lauder. I use a couple of eye shadow but my current favorite is by Estée Lauder. It’s a neutral shade with a hit of shimmer and I’ve been wearing it since 2 months now but it's a 2 thumbs up. For brows, I have experimented with so many different products and found that I really like brown pen by NARS -best. Giorgio Armani and Mac mascara are still my fave, as is Nyx Liquid Eyeliner. For cheeks, it’s either NARS or Estée Lauder. I don’t wear heavy lipstick too often (but I have a wide range of pop colors) but when I do, it’s always by Mac and Givenchy (New in). Otherwise, I keep a natural lip with just a hint of moisture- Dior Lip Maximizer.
----------------------------------------------
Perfume- 
I like to switch things up sometimes (Currently own a lot of perfumes that could last me a life long - I guess perfume has become a current obsession ) , but my go-to as you all know is Daisy by Marc Jacobs and along side, I use Love Me by Victoria Secret , Flora by Gucci and for body sprays or body mist, it's basically Vanilla Pink Pepper by Laline and Coconut Passion by Victoria Secret…
--------------------------------------------
Body- 
My skin gets extremely dry in the harmattan and colder months. I try to keep it hydrated with three amazing products. I use Karma Kream from LUSH along side CocoButter Vaseline in the morning and throughout the day and Extreme Day Cream by AHAVA before bed each night—the best! And it smells amazing, too. Lastly Dermud Intense Foot Cream also by AHAVA. 
-----------------------------------------------
Hair- 
I really don’t do much for my hair because i carry braids most of the time and its very easy to maintain, but while i carry natural hair on or hair extensions, then theres always issues trying to care to it.
but here are some of my favorites . Olive Oil Hair Spray, it moisturizes the Scalp and adds shine to the hair, Natures Vital Shampoo and Conditioner and Olive Oil Edge Control for the my stubborn edges .
----------------------------------------------------------
That’s about it. These are all products that I use and love and I was not paid to say so. Now is the time to develop good habits to preserve your youthful glow, start now so you don't regret later- my Mum always says that…
Create Your own Skin Care Regimen and see how it becomes a part of you.
Be Exceptional, Be Beautiful, Be Inspiring and Be Kind to One Another
Kisses!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images